Beat the summer heat with this cooling halwa.This is one of the recipe i used to eat in my childhood specially during hot hot summer. My mom used to make it for summer vacation. This is very simple and easy to make. Actually it is called raagi manni/Halwa. Make it in the night and keep it overnite, next day morning cut it and freez them. I dont think so will have more to store them for the next day.
1 cup Whole Raagi
1/2 cup Jaggery
2-3 tblsp grated fresh coconut
1 tsp cardamom powder
1 tblsp ghee
salt a pinch
1. Soak raagi in water for 2-3 hours.
2. Take above all ingredients in a mixer grinder with little water.
3. Grind it till smooth paste.
4. Strain through a fine sieve and squeeze out to extract milk from that.
5. Cook in a heavy bottom pan, stirring constantly till it becomes thick and transparent.
6. Add ghee, cardamom powder and mix well.
7. When halwa consistency is reached, remove from fire and pour on a greased plate. Cut it to required shape.
Sending this recipe to A.W.E.D Indian cuisine, Hosted by Taste of Pearl City. Started by DK of Chef in You.