Click and view

Veg burger Gobi Manchuri Homemade Tea Masala Homemade Tea Masala Rose Falooda Mango mouse Eggless Vanilla Choco Cake

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Tomato Chutney

*************************************************************


Tomato Chutney


Hi, I'm back with a usual chutney, got this from one of my recipe book. I used to pen down the recipes as used to watch it on television shows (Recipe shows). I was crazy of writing down specially recipes and beauty tips, home remedies, cooking, gardening, painting, craft tips so on.. from my school days. I was just looking my books, as i bought some of my collections :).. Just got this tomato chutney, its simple easy and tasty too...I tried this for the first time..

Here is the recipe..


Ingredients

1 cup Tomatoes chopped
1/4 cup Onions chopped
1 tsp Ginger chopped
1 tsp Garlic chopped
3-4 Dry Red chillies
1/4 tsp Tamarind paste (optional)
1/4 tsp Jaggery (optional)
Salt as per taste


Tempering

11/2 tbsp Oil
1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
1/2 tsp Urad dal
Curry leafs








Method

1. Heat 1/2 tsp of oil add red chillies, ginger, garlic saute for few seconds.
2. Now add onions, saute til it is transparent.
3. Later add tomatoes, cook it till its soft. Cool it.
4. Add tamarind, jaggery, salt and grind it to a smooth paste.
5. Heat remaining 1 tsp of oil add mustard seeds when it starts popping add urad dal, curry leafs. Pore it over the grounded paste and mix.
Tomato Chutney is ready to be served with Idli, Dosa, Paratha..so on..



Tomato Chutney


Hey, Meera has tagged me for Top 10 Picture MeMe.. So do wait and watch for my top 10 recipe picture in the next post :P !!



17 comments:

Unknown said...

love this chutney Archy..nice pic

Cham said...

Love tomato chutney adding Ging and garlic at the same time, is new :) Got to try ur version...Looks yum :)

Madhavi said...

chutney looks very tasty, yummmmm!!!!

Kalai said...

Have never tried adding ginger in tomato chutney... Sounds and looks delicious, Archana! :)

Ramya's Mane Adige said...

Looks beautiful!!! Love the color.... We call such chutneys 'Sambandha' (cooked veggie chutneys, i mean)

Trupti said...

hey archy, tomato chutney looks delicious & nice photo

Uma said...

my fav.chutney! looks great. lovely picture.

KonkaniBlogger said...

Chutney looks so good..Garlic, ginger, tomato, onions, its got all the good stuff in it :)..yummy..

notyet100 said...

COLOURFUL CHUTNEY...I AM SURE WILL TASTE GREAT TOO

Bhawana said...

Good one.

Anamika:The Sugarcrafter said...

hi archana
nice colour and it is a time-tested, proven good chutney for all occasions..this even replaces the sauce many times...thanks for sharing it.....a little busy with my assignements, so not very visible.

FH said...

Love the color of those Tomatoes Archy, great looking chutney girl!:)

Archy said...

Thank you Dear friends !!

Yup, Tomato chutney with some changes :) !!

Trupti said...

Hey Archana, I tagged you for 10 Pictures Meme. Check my blog..If you are interested you can play

Sia said...

some of ur collections? i wonder how many books u have! :)

Shrinidhi Hande said...

I like tomato rasam very much, but tomato as pickle and chutney...I dont think I like it...

Unknown said...

Mouth-watering..
Sarees Online | buy sarees online | best sarees online | buy sarees online from india | silk sarees online | saree wholesale | wedding sarees online | salwar kameez online | sarees online shopping | buy indian sarees online | saree manufacturers | cotton sarees online | salwar kameez wholesale | designer sarees online | bridal sarees | designer salwar kameez | dress materials online | pattu sarees online | kurtis online | indian women clothing online