Click and view

Veg burger Gobi Manchuri Homemade Tea Masala Homemade Tea Masala Rose Falooda Mango mouse Eggless Vanilla Choco Cake

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Gobi manchuri

*************************************************************


Gobi Manchuri


This is my favorite manchuri. My mother makes it very well, who ever tasted it loved it. So, this is my mom's recipe for gobi manchuri. Its easy and tasty. She used to make it as snack or as a side dish for fried rice.

Back in India, we get Gobi manchuri masala powder. Its was easy, mix in the flour, Just add ginger garlic paste, follow instruction. I remember, i used that pouch for my college cooking competition. It was fun cooking and eating with friends, wonderful days :) !!


Here is how my mother an i make this gobi manchuri..
Goes to..
EC - 'Simple Indian Food-An Easy Cooking Blog' for the event 'WYF- Cuisine'


Ingredients

2 cups of Cauliflower florets
2 tblsp Flour (Maida)
2 tblsp Corn Flour
2 tblsp Gram flour
Salt to taste
1 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
1/2 tsp Red chilli powder
1/4 tsp Termeric powder
1/4 cup lenght wise Chopped Onions
1/4 cup chopped tomato
1 tsp Chopped green chili
1 tblsp Chopped Coriander Leaves
1-2 tblsp Tomato Ketchup
1 tsp Chopped Garlic
Oil to deep fry
Salt to taste


Method

1. Mix in the 3 type of flour + ginger garlic paste + red chilli powder + Termeric powder + salt by adding a little water, around 3-4 tblsp. Make a thick batter.
2. Now add the washed cauliflower florets to the batter, mix well. so that the batter is nicely cotted.
3. Mean while heat a deep fry pan with oil, to deep fry till golden brown. Keep aside.
4. Now take a pan to make the sauce - take 1 tbslp of oil, heat it add chopped garlic saute for 30 sec. Dont make the brown.
5. Now add onions, fry till transpernt. Add chopped tomato fry for 30 to 60 sec. Add 1 tblsp of water if needed.
6. Now when the tomatoes are cooked, add green chilli + ketchup + salt. Mix them all.
7. Add fried flowers to the hot sauce, mix it and then take off the fire. Garnish with chopped coreinder leafs, sereve hot.

Note : Can add chopped spring onions too.




Gobi Manchuri

31 comments:

FH said...

Everybody seems to have been cooking Manchurian except me these days! :D

Looks delicious, love the shiny red sauce.Must try sometime! :)

Ashwini said...

It is my Fav too. Looks so yumm nd very tempting..Love the color..

Vishali said...

mmhh Gobi manchurian is a delish Archana....good entry..:D

Chutneytales said...

Who doesn't love this dish?Looks very tempting :)

Preety said...

i have been waiting for so long to make this dish as my hubby absolutely love this..looks amazing dear..

Cham said...

U make me hungry Archy! I like the shine and delicious looking!

Poornima Nair said...

One of my fav dishes too...looks yummmy...

Pavithra Kodical said...

Mouthwatering dish..When i was doing my engineering I use to eat this every weekend.Great post Archy.Will try this :)

Unknown said...

looks very delicious Archy :)

Sanghi said...

Delicious recipe and perfect for the event Archana.. Do send your entries for my FIL-Tomato by Mar 31st..!:)

A_and_N said...

Manchurian! aaaaaah, I want some!

Anitha said...

Hmm...it looks so yummy :-)

Savi-Ruchi said...

I love eating gobi manchurian, especially the roadside 10 rupee or 15 rupee per plate gobi.., wah!!, street food tastes sooo good.
After moving to Singapore, I never got a chance to eat or prepare Gobi.., will try soon :)
Gobi looks fabulous in the picutre & as usual I'm all drooling.

Varsha Vipins said...

My fav..I just add some sauces also to it ..Some add eggs too..Anyways gobi fries are always tasty..:)
Saw your query about eggless toasts in Vishali's space..You can use Besan instead of eggs for that..:)

Shama Nagarajan said...

lovley manchurian..lovely click dear

Raks said...

Nice recipe for Gobi manchurian! Looks nice too!

EC said...

It is a hit in our house too..thanks for the delicious entry

Sia said...

LOL @Asha's comments.

it's been ages since i made these but looking at ur pic i so much want grab a fork and dig in :)

Indian Khana said...

Looks delicious gal...I have same in my blog too...

AnuSriram said...

Wow.. looks lovely!

Uma said...

ooh, manchurian looks so shiny and yummy!

Usha said...

This is one of my faves, looks fantastic !

Priya Suresh said...

AM drooling over the gobi manchurian..looks marvellous Archy!

Ammu said...

Wow! mouth watering. I like the second picture.

sathya said...

Wow looks delicious & inviting ...

Unknown said...

hey archana u took me to the gud old college days...the cooking competition & the gobi manchuri we prepared....it was grt re...feel like going to college again......

Archy said...

Shilpa,
Hey, Ya.. it was fun!! rem the dishes we made for the competition:)!!

Unknown said...

It's the first time I tried it with my special friend's help, and guess what it turned out an excellent dish.
Thanks a lot for such a wonderful recipe...you are a great chef...

Archy said...

Deepti,
Thanx a lot Dear!! Its my pleasure!! Keep trying more recipe with your spl friend :)!!

Anonymous said...

nice read. I would love to follow you on twitter.

Unknown said...

Good post.
Sarees Online | buy sarees online | best sarees online | buy sarees online from india | silk sarees online | saree wholesale | wedding sarees online | salwar kameez online | sarees online shopping | buy indian sarees online | saree manufacturers | cotton sarees online | salwar kameez wholesale | designer sarees online | bridal sarees | designer salwar kameez | dress materials online | pattu sarees online | kurtis online | indian women clothing online