Tried this simple and easy sandwich on this weekend. It was yummy, and if the chutney is made in advance, super easy to make. Sandwich with some mint coriander chuteny is called Bombay sandwich. Its optional, u can also try simple sandwich with some ketchup that tastes good to. I have added both chutney and ketchup for this sandwich.
1 pack Whole wheat bread
1/2 cup Pudina Coriander chutney
1/4 cup tomato ketchup (optional)
1 medium-sized cucmber sliced thin
2 medium-sized tomatoes sliced thin
1 large onion sliced very thin (optional)
Ground pepper (optional)
Pudina coriander chutney
1/2 cup fresh mint
1/2 cup fresh coriander
5 cloves garlic
1" piece of ginger
2 green chillies
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsps lime juice
Grind all the ingredients to a smoth paste.
1. Lay all the slices of bread on a cutting board and butter well.
2. Now spread a generous quantity of Mint-Coriander Chutney on each slice to cover entire slice.
3. Layer all the above veggies in desired quatities and combinations. Sprinkle with salt and a pinch of on the veggies.
Spread some ketchup on the top bread slice and cover it. You can also trim edges,I like to leave them on.
4. Heat a pan and place these bread, can also roast them both the sides or slightly heat them up.
5. Now, cut into half, Sandwich is ready to be served.