Chocolate Sweet Heart Eggless Cookies
I was searching something to bake with a heart shape, atlast found this recipe handy with the simple ingredients it had. I found this recipe in Martha's - Marthastewart, great cook. I watch her show some times on tv as well as on net. I had bought a Martha Baking cakes dvd too, it was wonderful with lots of quick and easy tips to follow. As we are vegetarian, can't effort to make all the baking skills,has most of them have egg :( !! But i love baking specially cakes, with icing on it yummy !!
This cookies came out good with crispy chocolaty taste, i'm a chocolate fan :) !! so, it was wonderful. I have made some changes from the original recipe. I used Flax seeds meal instead of egg, used a tablespoon of alomnd meal(powder).
As i was searching for a heart shape recipe for valentine special, i was not able to get this heart shape cookies cutter no were, searched like a hell. Atlast made a cookie cutter from a alluminum foil plate, but was not sure with the strenght it had to cut the dough. Tried hard to make this heart shape :P, and my effort worked out with these cute small hearts, hope they are in a nice shape.
Today is a special day for us 'feb 19', me and Pritish got engaged. So was trying to keep it serect and give him a surprise but, ya he came to know has i was searching badly for a cookie cutter :) !!
I wish to send these sweet hearts to..
1. Priyanka's - Cook and create with LUV for LUV.
2. Bindiya's - My favorite things event-Heart shaped food.
3. Rachana's - Healthy Bite.
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, chopped
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
1/2 cup light-brown sugar
1 tbsp ground flax seed (meal) with 3 tblsp of water
1-2 tblsp of almond meal(powder - Grind almond in a blender to powder)
1. In a bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa,almond meal, baking soda, and salt keep a side.
2. In another bowl set over (not in) a saucepan of simmering water, place chocolate, butter, and brown sugar; stir frequently until almost completely melted. Remove from heat, and stir until completely melted; let cool slightly.
3. In a blender/food processor, whip together the ground flaxseed and water untill thick and creamy.
4. Now add flaxseed mixture to chocolate mixture. With a mixer on low, beat until well blended. Gradually stir in flour mixture,dough will form a ball.
5. Divide dough in half,roll out each half on a sheet of parchment paper to a 1/4-inch thickness. Transfer each half (still on paper) to a baking sheet; freeze until firm, about 20 minutes.
6. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Working with one half at a time, flip dough onto a work surface; peel off paper. Using a 2-inch heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut out cookies; place, 1/2 inch apart, on two baking sheets. Bake until firm and fragrant, about 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer cookies to a rack to cool.
I folowed the instruction as the recipe called for. But i rolled it bit more thick it yeilded 35 cookies, but using a 2 inch cookie cutter will make 42 as specified.