Its been long break from Blogging. Back with this Homemade Granola Bars from Sharmis Passion
This is so simple an yummy, i just added some flax seeds and jaggery instead of brown sugar for the original recipe.
My lil one also loved it :)!!
Quick cooking oats - 1 cup
Cornflakes - 1/4 cup
Honey - 1/2 cup
Butter - 1 tbsp
Jaggery - 1 tbsp
Water - 1 tbsp
Almonds - 5 chopped finely
Cashew - 2 tbsp broken into tiny pieces
Golden, black raisins and Dates - 1/4 cup
Flax seeds - 1 tblsp
1. Heat a pan, Dry roast oats, cornflakes, all nuts and dry fruits, flax seeds. Fry until a nice aroma comes and oats slightly changes its color. Keep is a side.
2. In the same pan heat the butter, until it melts, now add the jaggery, honey and water until u see bubbles in them.
3. Now add the dry roasted oats mixer to it , until all of them are incorporated properly.
4. Mean while use a butter paper or grease a aluminium foil with butter.
5. Tranfer the mixer to the greased sheet and spread it using a wooden
laddle for 1/4 inch thickness. Make nice square edges, leave it to cool for 5-10 mins.
6. Now cut them to your desired shape and size. Then bake them for 180 degree for 10 mins. Cool them and store in a air tight container.