This is very simple and easy orange muffin using flax seeds, tried flax seeds for the first time and came out good. I love baking but was always so sad because, as i cant afford to make different variety of cakes and muffin without egg. And was also bored of eating cake with banana. So made lot of research regarding eggless cakes, came back with flax seed, it works. Now i guess i can make some more cakes :)!!
This Eggless Orange Muffin goes to..
1. JZ's - Santa’s Holiday Challenge.
2. Vandana Rajesh's - Baking For Beginners.
3. Purva's - Christmas Feast Event.
4. Mythreyee's - Sweet Series - Baked Sweets.
1 cup All purpose flour
1/2 cup sweet Condensed milk
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup Sugar
2-3 tblsp Milk
1/4 tsp Baking powder
1/4 tsp Baking soda
1 tblsp Orange squash
1 tsp Orange rind grated (optional)
1 tblsp Flax seeds
3 tblsp Water (to mix flax seeds)
1. Sift the flour, baking powder and baking soda, keep aside.
2. Need to make the flax seeds thick and creamy, so can blend it or mix it in a bowl and keep aside. I mixed them in a bowl.
3. In a large bowl add butter and sugar, beat them until creamy, in a same direction using a whisk.
4. Next add the creamy thick flax seeds, orange squash, rind, condensed milk and again beat in the same direction.
5. Add flour spoon by spoon and mix well. If the batter is too tight can add more milk.
6. Place the muffin cups in the muffin cake pan, pour the mixture 3/4 of each cup.
7. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°C (360°F) for 20 minutes or till a knife inserted into the cake comes out clean. Unmould and cool on a wire rack.
Looks delicious, I tried flax seeds as egg replacement recently and it really does work :-) Happy new year to you and your family Archy !
I didn't use flax seeds yet, Looks very pretty and love the citrus flavor. Wish you and your family a Happy & Prosperous New Year Archy!
Send this to sweet series as well. Amazing dish.
Ya, it works.. :)!! Thanx..
Wish u an ur Family happy New Year!!
Hey, is it, do try an check it !!
Thank you Cham.. Wish u the same Dear !!
Hey, ya sure.. will !!
I was just telling a friend yesterday how flax seeds are better than even condensed milk which has a strong flavor, and your muffins are the proof!!
Happy New Year, Archana:)
The muffins look perfect, inspite of being eggless they are fluffy and soft. Thank you for the delicious entry
Archy, wonderful muffins! Wishing u a Very HAPPY 2009!
I must try flax seeds sometime. The muffins look awesome! Wish you and yours a very happy new year, Archana! :)
happy new year!
Looks so good!
Wishing you Happy new year as well
Hey Archy! Thanks so much... Wish you a very Happy New Year.
I love those cute muffins.
Hey, is it, Thank you Dear !!
Thank you for hosting an letting us try new recipes !!
Thank you !! Wish u the same !!
Yes, u have to try :) !! Thanx.. wish u too..
Thank you, an a very happy new year 2009 !!
Happy New Year!!
That looks delicious! Happy new year!
Thanks for stopping by my blog Archy.
With condensed milk as one of the ingredients, muffin must be tasting rich and yum.
Muffin looks so yummy. I have an award waiting for you in my blog.Please check it out.
Your muffins look perfect and delicious...never tried the flax seeds.
Happy New Year!
Archy... Looks great and delicious..!! U rock!!
Do check my new blog at http://www.sanghi-worldfoodtreat.blogspot.com and leave ur comments.
Happy new year Archy. I can smell the orange from here girl, love the muffin! :)
muffins look delicious Archy. happy new year to you
Happy New Year !!
Thanks you too :) !! Keep visiting..
Ya, it is !!
Thanks for the award.. Yes i will, Do post it as early as possible..
Thanx for dropping by.. :) !!
Do try it, its good. Wish a happy new year !!
Thank you.. Sure..
Hey, ur back, i'm so happy to see ur comment :)!!
Wish u a Happy New year !!
Hey, thanx, wish u a very happy new year !!
Hi Archana, Wish you a Belated Happy New Year! Muffins look so good!
Using flax is indeed cool. I use it as value addition..never tried as egg replacement
Post a Comment