This is one of the simple and best snack any time of the day. Now as it is the festival season, good to be made in advance. Everybody know the salty one, this is a little sweet version.Kids will surely love it , my lil one loves it :). This stays good for 1-2 weeks in a airtight container. Here comes the recipe..
• Maida/All purpose flour - 1 cup
• Rava/Suji (Semolina) – 1/2 cup
• Milk – 1/2 to 3/4 cup
• Ghee – 3-4 tblsp
• Sugar – 3/4 cup
• Salt as per taste
• Oil to deep fry
1. Take a small pan, heat the ghee and keep aside.
2. Mix milk and sugar in a bowl, until the sugar is fully dissolved.
2. Now mix maida, rava, salt, warm ghee and milk and sugar mixture. Start kneading to form soft and smooth dough. Keep kneading the dough for about 5 to 10 min with pressure.
3. Now make big balls out of the dough and roll them with the chapatti roller.
4. Roll them into round shape similar to a roti but keep the thickness for about 1/2 inch.
5. Take a knife and cut them into Square or Diamond Shapes.
6. Heat oil in a kadhai once the oil is hot add the shankarpali to it ensuring gas is on low flame.
7. Once the shankarpali are nice golden brown remove them on tissue paper to absorb the excess oil. Repeat the same procedure with the remaining balls.
8. Cool them and store it in the airtight container.
1. May need some extra maida or milk to make it a soft dough.
2. Making the roti thick, will make the shankarpali krispy bites.